Our Windowsill Mushroom Kits will allow anyone to grow White Button mushrooms from their very own windowsill. Handfuls of these delicious mushrooms will be just clutches away from your favourite dish.
White Button mushrooms are a popular white variety from the mushroom family. These button mushrooms hold their flavour and adapt perfectly to any dish. White Button mushrooms are completely versatile when added as a pizza topping, marinated and grilled.
Mushrooms are tasty, low in calories, high in protein and a great source of fibre especially for those on plant-based diets. They provide you with vital vitamins including vitamin B, selenium, potassium and copper. With our handy kits, you’ll soon have this delicious and health beneficial vegetable at just the fraction of the cost.
Whether you’re a full-time gardener or beginner, this handy kit includes a base tray, lid, and pre spawned substrate and easy to follow instructions.
Simply keep them moist and out of direct sunlight and your first crop should be ready to pick in a matter of weeks, plus you can expect at least another 2 pickings after that (See full instructions in Growing Info below).
These kits need to be started on receipt and are unsuitable for storage.
Dimensions: 17.5cm (7") x 27.5cm (11") x 8cm (3½") depth.
Full growing instructions included.
Always wash your hands before you handle any of the kits to avoid bacteria contaminating the substrates and development of other moulds.
This kit contains a base tray, colonised substrate, a bag of cover compost and a plastic lid.
1. Take the bag with cover compost from the base tray and store it in a cool place.
2. Set the base tray with the plastic lid on top aside for + 4 days at a temperature of 20–25°C. After this period, the substrate will have turned completely white with fungus (mycelium).
3. Now take the bag with cover compost and punch ten holes in each side. Put the bag in 0.5 litres of water for 20 minutes, open the bag and spread the cover compost evenly and loosely over the substrate.
4. Now put the tray aside with the lid closed for 5–8 days, at a temperature of 20–25°C. In this period, the mycelium will grow through the layer of cover compost to the surface. Once the cover compost is covered with white mycelium, put the tray in a cooler space of 15–18°C.
5. Make sure that the surface of the cover compost does not dry out by regularly mist spraying with a plant spray.
6. If a good number of pins appear, you may water the set with a watering can. The substrate and cover compost should be moist, but not too wet. The mushrooms firs appear at the edges, and later in the centre.
7. Harvesting: Take a mushroom between your fingertips and carefully pull it out with a twist of the hand. Do not pull out without twisting and do not harvest undersized mushrooms. Always water
regularly to prevent the cover substrate from drying out.
8. If all mushrooms have been harvested, water again. After around a week, new mushrooms appear. This process may repeat itself three times.
Good Luck & Bon Appetit !
Orders are despatched promptly by post or parcel carrier. Seasonal items such as plants are sent separately with the estimated delivery times stated against each variety both in our catalogue and on our website.
Small items are sent by Royal Mail and larger items by courier. When ordering large items please provide your phone number so that the courier can contact you if necessary.
Please note that when several items are ordered they may not all be delivered at the same time.
Packet seed only will incur a carriage charge of £2.99.
All other products incur a carriage charge of £4.99.
If your order comprises of a combination of carriage charges then a combined carriage charge of £6.99 will be applied.
Suttons wants to ensure that all of our plants are delivered to you in the best condition for planting. Unfortunately there are some postcodes that take longer to deliver to and therefore we can not guarantee this, so we are sorry to advise that we do not ship live plants to the following areas; HS, IV41-IV56, KW15-KW17, PA34, PA41-48, PA60-PA78, PA80, PH40-PH44, TR21-TR25, ZE1-ZE3.
Non Standard Deliveries
Northern Ireland, Channel islands, Isle of Man & Isles of Scilly & areas of Scotland with postcodes starting AB30 plus, HS, IV1 to IV40 plus, KA27, KA28, KW1 to KW16, PA20 to PA38, PA41 to PA80, PH10-PH40, PH42 to PH50 and ZE: For orders weighing less than 2KG standard carriage charge applies. Where the weight of the large order is 2k to 10kg the carriage charge is £9.99. Where the weight of the order is over 10kg the carriage charge is £14.99.
Republic of Ireland: For orders weighing less than 2kg standard carriage charge applies. Where the weight of the order is 2kg and above the carriage charge is £14.99.
Other EU countries: We can only deliver packet flower and vegetable seed to other EU countries. The carriage is £4.99 per order.
Very Large items
If ordering any large items marked a surcharge of £5 per item will be applied. These items are also not available to areas and postcodes shown under non standard deliveries. We may need to contact you regarding delivery so please provide a contact number with all orders.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
We reserve the right to contact you and advise an additional charge where necessary and are happy to quote for carriage of specific products to more remote areas. Some items may not be available to all areas.
We reserve the right to revise any carriage charges in the event of carrier price increase or other unforeseen circumstances. We will always advise of the carriage charge before payment is taken.
All Suttons products should reach you in perfect condition, just as they left us. If you are dissatisfied in any way with their condition on arrival, please let us know within 14 days. We are only liable for the cost of the goods as quoted on the website plus the cost of delivery if the goods are faulty.
There aren't currently any reviews for this product. Be the first to leave a review below.
Mushroom Windowsill Kit - White Button
These are our best value plugs plants. These 5cm plugs are great for confident gardeners and should be potted on before planting out.
Great value, robust plug plants for easy handling and care. These 7cm tall plants need potting on but provide a brilliant balance between value and effort.
Requiring little effort, these 9cm tall plug plants are ready to plant in the ground, once the threat of frosts has passed, kick starting your summer bedding display.
We nurture cuttings into these 12cm super plugs for you, offering fantastic value and very little effort. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our 9cm potted plants are amazing value and will give your garden a spectacular summer boost. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our supersized range of bedding plants will add a huge amount of colour and style to your garden, grown to provide instant impact from delivery!