Salary based on experience.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a lead photographer to join our in house design team.
Suttons is a highly recognised consumer brand which has been in existence for over 200 years, making it one of the most established and respected companies in the UK.
Suttons are a major player in the Seed and Garden Sundries market, enjoying excellent distribution amongst Garden Centres and Key DIY/Hardware outlets.
Primarily focusing on product images for live plants and garden equipment, the ideal candidate will have at least three years studio experience and have experience in editing images and setting up a photographic studio environment. They must also have experience of shooting on location for many of our live plant products.
Experience within this product category would be a distinct advantage, however enthusiasm, ideas, organisation, good communication skills and a positive attitude are all desirable attributes. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, happy to work independently on projects and delivering results on schedule.
A keen interest in gardening and plants in particular would also be an advantage.
Digital photography, excellent Photoshop retouching and colour matching skills. Excellent all-round computer skills, that includes good working knowledge of capture one software, photoshop (Mac), Capture Pro or equivalent.
You will be required to have a strong photography portfolio that demonstrates sufficient knowledge and techniques of digital photography and lighting.
Other Desirable skills:
Adobe Illustrator and InDesign, video editing software, after Effects, good knowledge of working across all areas of the studio, able to prepare sets, checking that all equipment is fully functional and management of image libraries.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Creating high quality and consistently beautiful product images, and ensuring they are correctly exposed and colour consistent for use within multiple channels across the business.
- Re-touching, resizing, re-colouring and maintaining image banks and distributing assets.
- Working with Retail team to constant review and improve existing images.
- Able to follow briefs and deliver on expectations.
- Open to feedback for improvement.
- Able to work independently.
- Management of all Image Libraries.
- Looking after the studio set up and ensuring that all equipment is fully functional and cared for appropriately.
- Practical DIY / problem solving skills and a hands on approach create sets, assemble products and maximise picture quality.
- Occasional travel will be required so a valid UK driving license would be preferred.
- Assisting with basic graphic design duties if required.