1 Kit - 3 Litre
he quickest, easiest, most reliable mushroom kit we've ever seen!
With this handy kit you'll soon be picking delicious fresh mushrooms straight from the windowsill, at a fraction of the cost of buying them at the supermarket. Kit comprises base tray, lid and pre-spawned substrate.
Dimensions: 17.5cm (7") x 27.5cm (11") x 8cm (3½") depth.
Full growing instructions included.
Always wash your hands before you handle any of the kits to avoid bacteria contaminating the substrates and development of other moulds.
The kit contains a base tray, plastic lid and a plastic bag with a substrate of sawdust.
If you see any white/brown bumpy growths, these indicate early mushroom fruition. These bumps will later become the shiitake mushrooms.
1. Cultivation: Remove the substrate from the plastic bag and immerse the substrate in a bucket filled with cold tap-water for 24 hours. Lay a heavy object on top of the substrate to keep it under water. After 24 hours place substrate in the tray and cover with transparent lid.
Please note: if mushrooms are already growing on the substrate, you may skip the immersion step.
2. Place kit in daylight, ideally on a windowsill facing north at a temperature of + 15°C. Wait until + 50% of the surface has turned brown. During this time, keep the kit covered with the transparent lid.
3. Spray the cultivation substrate at least once a day with a plant spray to prevent it from drying out.
4. Harvesting: The harvest period is around one week and the fully-grown mushrooms have a cap diameter of 4–8cm.
5. After a harvest, let the substrate rest for at least 15 days. During this rest period, take the kit from the windowsill and keep it in a place which is neither too dry, or too hot (a cellar is ideal).
6. After this period, repeat the cycle, starting at point 2. The second harvesting period arrives after 5–10 days. During a period of maximum 6 months, you may have 5 to 8 harvests.
Good Luck & Bon Appetit !
Orders are despatched promptly by post or parcel carrier. Seasonal items such as plants are sent separately with the estimated delivery times stated against each variety both in our catalogue and on our website.
Small items are sent by Royal Mail and larger items by courier. When ordering large items please provide your phone number so that the courier can contact you if necessary.
Please note that when several items are ordered they may not all be delivered at the same time.
Packet seed only will incur a carriage charge of £2.99.
All other products incur a carriage charge of £4.99.
If your order comprises of a combination of carriage charges then a combined carriage charge of £6.99 will be applied.
Suttons wants to ensure that all of our plants are delivered to you in the best condition for planting. Unfortunately there are some postcodes that take longer to deliver to and therefore we can not guarantee this, so we are sorry to advise that we do not ship live plants to the following areas; HS, IV41-IV56, KW15-KW17, PA34, PA41-48, PA60-PA78, PA80, PH40-PH44, TR21-TR25, ZE1-ZE3.
Non Standard Deliveries
Unfortunately like many companies in our industry we are currently only able to supply orders to UK based customers, excluding those in Northern Ireland. We are committed to finding a way that we can resume or normal services again as soon as possible. Please accept our apologies for any inconvience caused.
Very Large items
If ordering any large items marked a surcharge of £5 per item will be applied. These items are also not available to areas and postcodes shown under non standard deliveries. We may need to contact you regarding delivery so please provide a contact number with all orders.
Prices include VAT where applicable.
We reserve the right to contact you and advise an additional charge where necessary and are happy to quote for carriage of specific products to more remote areas. Some items may not be available to all areas.
We reserve the right to revise any carriage charges in the event of carrier price increase or other unforeseen circumstances. We will always advise of the carriage charge before payment is taken.
All Suttons products should reach you in perfect condition, just as they left us. If you are dissatisfied in any way with their condition on arrival, please let us know within 14 days. We are only liable for the cost of the goods as quoted on the website plus the cost of delivery if the goods are faulty.
There aren't currently any reviews for this product. Be the first to leave a review below.
These are our best value plugs plants. These 5cm plugs are great for confident gardeners and should be potted on before planting out.
Great value, robust plug plants for easy handling and care. These 7cm tall plants need potting on but provide a brilliant balance between value and effort.
Requiring little effort, these 12cm tall plug plants are ready to plant in the ground, once the threat of frosts has passed, kick starting your summer bedding display.
We nurture cuttings into these 12cm super plugs for you, offering fantastic value and very little effort. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our 9cm potted plants are amazing value and will give your garden a spectacular summer boost. Plant out or pot on for the best results.
Our supersized range of bedding plants will add a huge amount of colour and style to your garden, grown to provide instant impact from delivery!