Terms and conditions
We aim to supply plants and other goods of the highest quality, carefully packed to reach you in perfect condition. Should you be at all dissatisfied with their condition on arrival, please let us know within 14 days. We are only liable for the cost of the goods (plus carriage) as quoted on the website.
Orders of Packet Seeds, Garlic, Onion Sets, Shallots and Mushrooms (except windowsill kits) only incur a charge of £1.99 per order.
Orders for all other products incur a carriage charge of £4.99. Where an order includes both packet seed and other items, only the charge of £4.99 will apply. Some very large items may not be available to all areas.
- The Isles of Man, Channel Islands, Northern Ireland, plus some parts of Scotland: For orders weighing less than 2kg the normal UK mainland carriage charge applies. Where the combined weight of the order is 2kg and above, the carriage contribution is £9.99 for the Scottish Islands, Channel Islands, Isle of Man and Northern Ireland, £7.99 for the Scottish Highlands.
- Orders to the Isle of Wight and Isle of Scilly: For orders weighing less than 2kg the standard mainland UK carriage charge applies. Where the weight of the order is 2kg and above the carriage charge is £9.99.
- Southern Ireland: For orders weighing less than 2kg the normal UK mainland carriage charge applies. Where the combined weight of the order is 2kg and above, the carriage contribution is £12.99.
- Very large items (marked XL): require a surcharge of £5 per item. Some very large items are only available for delivery to UK Mainland. We may need to contact you regarding delivery, so please provide a contact telephone number with all orders.
We are happy to quote for carriage of specific products to outlying areas. Some items may not be available to all areas. We reserve the right to revise any carriage charges in the event of carrier price increases or other unforeseen circumstances. We will advise you of any increased carriage charges before payment is taken.
Orders are despatched promptly by post or parcel carrier, but please allow 7-10 days for delivery. Seasonal items such as plants are sent separately and estimated delivery times are stated against each variety both in our catalogues and on our website. You will receive an order acknowledgement email.
Small items are sent by Royal mail and larger items by courier. When ordering very large items (Marked) please provide your phone number so that the courier can contact you to make delivery arrangements.
Please note that when several items are ordered theymay not be delivered at the same time, e.g. seeds will be sent from our warehouse, whereas plants are normally sent directly from the nurseries.
We are able to despatch packet seeds only (excluding lawn seed) to private customers in other EU Countries outside the UK, Channel Islands or Southern Ireland. We can send seeds, flower and vegetable plants to addresses in Southern Ireland. Payment must be made in Sterling and a carriage charge of £4.99 applies to each order. We regret that we are unable to accept orders for despatch outside the EU.
Payment will be taken at the time the order is placed. We accept payment for online orders by Visa (including Visa Electron), Mastercard, Maestro, Delta and Paypal. Cards are debited when the order is first processed, in order to avoid issues where credit & debit cards may expire before the date of delivery, and to keep administration costs to a minimum. Should any item become unavailable we will issue a full refund. Only Suttons Online Gift Vouchers can be accepted.
Prices include VAT where applicable. We reserve the right to revise any prices in the event of unforeseen circumstances or a change in the VAT rate.
Special offer codes
All offers are limited to one per household and may only be used once per order. Any offer codes or discount may not be used in conjunction with any other money off voucher or offer. All Offer codes are valid for 1 week, unless a specific time is mentioned. Any money-off vouchers or discounts are non transferable and may not be redeemed for cash and are calculated ex postage and packing.
Suttons reserve the right to cancel or invalidate all coupons, vouchers and offers where it is believed that such benefits may have been gained by inappropriate means.
Any Free P&P type offers are based on standard UK delivery and does not include any postal surcharges.
These conditions apply to Online Gift Vouchers which have a 16-digit code containing letters and numbers.
suttons.co.uk online gift vouchers must be redeemed on the suttons.co.uk website towards the purchase of eligible products listed in our catalogue and sold by www.suttons.co.uk.
- Online Gift Vouchers cannot be used to pay for Online Gift Vouchers or the paper alternative.
- Online Gift Vouchers are sent by e-mail to the account holder who purchased the voucher and will need forwarding to the recipient.
- Online Gift Vouchers have no cash redemption value and are not transferable, assignable and cannot be exchanged.
- Online Gift Vouchers (16 digit codes) cannot be redeemed by phone or post only at www.suttons.co.uk
- Any unused gift voucher funds remaining will be retained within the recipient's account and show at the checkout page when logged in.
- If the order exceeds the amount of the Online Gift Voucher funds remaining, the balance must be paid using a credit/debit card or Paypal.
- All unused portions of Online Gift Vouchers will expire within 1 year from the date of issue. The expiry date will show at the checkout page when logged in.
- Normal suttons.co.uk terms and conditions of purchase and use of the suttons.co.uk website apply.
- One or more Online Gift Vouchers can be redeemed against an order.
- suttons.co.uk is not responsible for any Online Gift Voucher that is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission.
- Online Gift Vouchers are non refundable purchases.
- All other non-online Gift Vouchers cannot be redeemed on the website but must be redeemed by either post or phone.
- If a gift voucher has been given as part of a competition or 3rd party offer, only one gift voucher can be used per houshold.
Product Images are as a visual guide and representation only, please refer to the full product description for further details. if you would like to use any of our images for your own use you must gain permission to do so.
Conditions of Sale
All scheduled seeds offered by us are guaranteed to comply at the time of delivery with E.U. Seeds Regulations currently in force. Information given about products is to the best of our knowledge, and is for general guidance only. All dimensions and capacities are approximate. Also please remember that environmental factors can affect plant growth.
Occasionally, items become unobtainable due to crop failure, high demand or other reasons. In this event, we may send a carefully selected alternative or, if this is not possible a full refund. Any unwanted substitutes can be returned for a full refund (including the cost of return).
The germination and purity of all scheduled seeds comply with EU seeds legislation currently in force.
In the event of any query, or claim for goods lost or damaged in transit, please quote the Account Number or your full address. Contact our Customer Services Department.
Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment (WEEE) Directive
Under these regulations we are obliged to offer our customers free take-back of their WEEE on a like-for-like basis when they buy a new electrical or electronic product from us. Such items can be returned to us (carriage paid by customer) at our normal address, within 28 days of purchasing the new item. We will then ensure proper environmental disposal. Recycling reduces the environmental and health risks associated with sending electrical goods to landfill. All new electrical goods should be marked with the crossed-out wheeled bin symbol and be disposed of separately from household waste.
It is our aim to acknowledge complaints within 5 working days, and we will provide a likely timescale for resolving the dispute and keep you advised about progress.
Right to Cancel
Orders for perishable and personalised goods may be cancelled up to the point of delivery but not once delivery has been made.
Orders for non-perishable and non-personalised goods may be cancelled from the time the order is placed up to 14 calendar days after receipt of the goods. To exercise the right to cancel please make a clear statement by email, fax or posted letter, including your full name, address and contact number. Alternatively, please complete and submit our Cancellation Form. This form is available on request to our customer service team, can be completed online here or can be downloaded here to be completed and mailed in the post.
Effects of Cancellation
If you cancel your order for non-perishable or non-personalised goods after they have been delivered then please return them to us, at your own cost, within 14 days of cancellation. Please retain proof of postage. If the item is very large then we can arrange collection for you and will charge you for this at cost. We will reimburse you with all payments received, including the cost of delivery. We may make a deduction from the reimbursement for loss of value of any goods supplied if the loss is as a result of unnecessary handling by you. Please return the items in their original packaging.
The reimbursement will be made without undue delay and not later than:
a) 14 days after the day we received back from you any returned goods
b) (if earlier) 14 days after you provide evidence that you have returned the goods, or
c) If there were no goods supplied, 14 days after the day on which we were informed of your decision to cancel the order.
We hope that you will be delighted with your goods but if they arrive damaged or if you are unhappy in any way then please contact us within 14 days of receipt. We are only liable for the cost of the goods (including carriage) as quoted in our current catalogue.
Privacy and Data Protection
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
- your name and address
- phone number
- email address
We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.
Suttons is a division of Suttons Consumer Products Ltd (SCP), registered no. 284448, VAT No. 158 9318 27. Suttons Consumer Products are registered data users whose entries in the Data Protection Register contain descriptions of the sources, uses and disclosures of personal data held. Your statutory rights are not affected by any of these terms and conditions.
We will hold your information for the purpose of administering your account and marketing. We may share the information within our group. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from Suttons or other Suttons Consumer Products Group brands, please advise us at the following address - Suttons, Long Road, Paignton, Devon TQ4 7SX or by email.
All products are used at the sole risk of the acquirer of the product and SCP cannot be held liable for any affects howsoever caused including but not limited to allergies to, misuse of, or not following the guidelines of the product. This condition applies equally to any user of the products supplied by Suttons Consumer Products, regardless of if the user is the original acquirer of the product.
Last updated: 14/09/2016