Designed to grow alongside your main crops especially brassicas, leeks and sweet corn. Intercrop Mix - For improving fertility and weed control. Contains: Yellow Trefoil and White Clover. Sow April-September; dig in September and March-April (year 2). Coverage approximately 10m² (12 sq.yds.).
Why grow Suttons Green Manures? Green manures are a range of seeds that are sown specifically to improve or assist with soil fertility and/or the conditioning of soil.
- Bigger, more prolific crops - Green manures will lift or fix nitrates into your soil providing this essential element for bumper harvests
- Soil enhancer - Ensures your soil gets the maximum nutrients required to give you the best crops
- Easier digging - Deep rooting green species improves the soil's structure by loosening and aerating the soil
- Environmentally friendly - Reduces the need to use chemical fertilisers
- Less weeding - The leafy nature of the Green Manure acts as a weed suppressant whilst retaining soil moisture
- Pest control - Helps control pests and provides shelter for beneficial insects
Green Manure Mixes - Our specially selected mixes for specific garden situations are a simple and natural way to improve the fertility and condition of your soil and boost your crops! Green manures, sown onto beds and borders, form a green carpet that can be strimmed or mown and then dug directly into the soil. Ideal for sowing where areas aren't required for crops for a couple of months.