Further information: Aubergine Seeds
When sown under glass aubergine seeds are as easy to grow as their relative the tomato.
When to sow aubergine seeds?
- Start your seedlings off in February or March
How to sow aubergine seeds?
- Simply sow 2 aubergine seeds in each small pot using good quality multi-purpose compost.
- Keep under glass at 60-70°
- Once germination has taken place, in 14-21 days, carefully remove the weaker seedling
- When the seedlings are 12.5 to 15cm high transplant them to larger pots or plant 3 to a growing bag.
- When the stem is about 30cm high carefully pinch out the growing tip
Aubergine Seeds once grown into fruit contain both vitamins E and K and are rich in potassium. Aubergines are easily prepared for cooking and are a key ingredient of popular dishes such as ratatouille and moussaka.