We've taken the best vegetable varieties available and grafted them onto extremely vigorous-growing root stock to create the best grafted vegetables for customers of Suttons Seeds.
Commercial crops have been grown in this way for a while and have been shown to:
- Be more vigorous, producing larger plants.
- Have greater resistance to pests and diseases.
- Have less susceptibility to nutritional disorders.
- Perform well with less heat in your greenhouse.
- Yield top quality fruit over a longer period compared to normal plants.
Grafted varieties are available for aubergines, tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, melons and squashes - good luck to gardeners who can expect up to 75% more crops!
Don't just take our word for it, read the January 2012 Grow It! Magazine article.