Further information: Lily Bulbs.
Where to grow Lily Bulbs?
- Ideally Lily bulbs should be planted in full sun with a little dappled shade for part of the day
- Well-drained soil is essential
- Protect from strong winds
- Plant where the perfume will be appreciated – near doors, windows or outdoor seating areas
How to grow Lily Bulbs?
- Plant in the autumn or early spring
- Plant 10 to 23cm deep and 23 to 38 cm apart
- Mulch lightly with compost after planting
- Water regularly during dry spells but take care not to over-water as this may cause the bulbs to rot
- Remove spent flower stems
- Leave the yellowing leaves to die down naturally
- Please note that lilies do not tend to grow to full height in their first year