Further information: Gladioli Corms.
Where to grow Gladioli Corms?
- Gladioli corms grow best in full sun
- Due to their height they will need shelter from strong winds
- If grown for cutting then the best place may be in the vegetable garden otherwise keep towards the back of beds and borders
How to grow Gladioli Corms?
- Plant the Gladioli corms about 15cm apart and 8 to 10 cm deep
- Plant in spring or autumn, dependant on the variety
- Stagger the planting over a few weeks so that you have a succession of blooms
- In dry weather water regularly
- Provide support
How to look after at the end of the season?
- Lift during October
- Shake off the soil and dry for a few days somewhere warm
- Store in a cool but frost-free place until ready to plant the following spring