Free potato recipies
Now You have grow your own potatoes, Suttons Seeds want to ensure they are as tasty as possible so our vegetable specialist has put together a selection of tasty potato themed recipies, connect on facebook and let us know how you got on.
The great thing about potatoes is that they can be cooked in a variety of ways; boiled fried, mashed, chipped, baked, or even turned into patties like in our leek and potatoe recipe below. If you're throwing a sophisticated dinner party why not try our Dauphinois potatoes? Plus, due to popular demand we've also included a new potato recie- watch out it's a spicy one!
Spicy New Potato Salad
Country leek and Potato Patties
Flavoursome Coriander Baked Potatoes
Speedy Potato Latkes
- 1 tblsp mild curry paste
- 1 tblsp mango chutney
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp tomato puree
- 1 tblsp Worcester sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tblsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp whole grain mustard
- 1 tblsp natural yogurt
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- 675g new potatoes ,scrubbed, halved and boiled but firm (varieties such as Charlotte, Anya, International Kidney)
- 2/3 chopped spring onions
- To add interest, add crisply grilled bacon chopped into chunks.
- Mix the dressing ingredients and season well.
- Coat the dressing over the potatoes and stir well, adding the onions and bacon if chosen.
Can be served warm or chilled with a variety of savoury dishes.
- 250g floury potatoes such as Maris Piper, King Edwards, Picasso and Rooster, peeled and diced
- 200g cleaned, trimmed and sliced leeks ( Belton, Megaton, Duraton, Poulton)
- 50g Farmhouse mature cheese, grated
- 25g Plain flour
- 1 bunch salad onions, finely chopped
- 25g butter
- Place potatoes into a sauce pan and cover with water, bring to the boil and cook for 9 – 10mins, steaming leeks over the top until tender.
- Drain and mash the potatoes
- Stir in the butter cheese and onions,
- Stir in the leeks
- Divide the mixture into eight portions.
- Allow to thoroughly chill.
- Once chilled, use the flour to shape into Pattie cake forms and then fry on bothsides until golden brown and crisp.
- 4 large baking potatoes (Picasso, Lady Balfour, Desiree)
- 1 small onion
- 20g chopped coriander (saving some sprigs for garnish)
- 200g low fat cream cheese (saving a little for garnish)
- 200g spinach
- 3x15 ml vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Wash potatoes, prick with a fork and bake for 1hr – 75mins
- Peel and chop the onion and fry in 15ml oil
- Scoop the cooked potato from the skins and mix with cream cheese and chopped coriander. Season well.
- Pile potato back into skins, sprinkle with oil and return to the oven for 5 – 10 mins.
- Cook the spinach according to instructions.
- Place spinach over potatoes and garnish with cream cheese and coriander before serving.
- 25g butter
- 1kg thinly sliced waxy potatoes such as Marie Peer, Swift, Charlotte
- 1 large white onion, finely sliced
- 200g gruyere / mild cheddar cheese, grated
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- grated nutmeg
- 125ml single cream
- Grease a large casserole dish with a little butter
- Preheat oven to 190C
- Put boiled water into a large saucepan, bring to the boil and add prepared potatoes and onions.
- Drain well and allow to cool a little.
- Put a layer of potato and onion into bottom of prepared dish, season with salt and pepper, & nutmeg. Pour in a little cream and grated cheese. Repeat this process until all ingredients have been used.
- Cover and put into preheated oven, bake for 1 hour and complete by grilling to give golden brown top.
- 2 large potatoes (Vivaldi, Picasso, Valor)
- 1 small white onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 25g S.R. flour
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- oil for frying
- Peel and grate potato, squeezing out as much liquid as possible.
- Mix the egg, flour and onion and then stir in the prepared potato and season well.
- Heat a little oil in frying pan and then drop batter mixture into pan a tablespoon at a time.
- Cook each latke for two minutes and then turn over flattening with the back of the spoon.
- When golden brown, serve immediately while crisp and hot.